Points Messages are shown to users when they login to the My Account area. This feature is frequently used to encourage users as they progress or to offer incentives such as a discount code that is automatically shown once a user achieves a certain number of points. Gamification must be enabled to use this feature. Points can be earned by logging in each day and completing training modules or quizzes.
Points Messages can be managed by navigation to Training > Content & Settings and then clicking Manage Points Messages.
For each message you create you can specify the following information.
- Low Point Threshold: Customers will see this message only if they have above this number of points.
- High Point Threshold: Customers will see this message only if they have below this number of points
- Groups: When groups are specified, this message will only be available to customers in the specified groups.
- Message Begin Date: The date when this message will begin to show.
- Message End Date: The date when this message will stop showing.
- Message: Add your custom message. Insert [CustomerPoints] to display the current customer's total points. Insert [LowThreshold] to display the message's Low Threshold points, [HighThreshold] to display the message's High Threshold points.
As you add content to the system you can specify the number of points a user achieves upon completing/passing that content. A Points field is available on Quizes, Forms, and Training Content.
You can also assign how many points a user earns every day that they login to the site. This number can be specified under Website > General Settings after expanding the Site Settings section.